Sunday, July 27, 2008

Too hot to trot today

We were going to have a great day out today.......see if it was feasible to go to church (definitely a no-no with Hannah at the moment) then go for a picnic. The heat today around Stanmore was hovering around 29 degrees and the girls wouldn't have been too happy with a drive to a park that would inevitably have been packed. So we decided to have a picnic in the garden. Inspirational!! They both loved it, and it was relaxing for me and Sharon as well!

Anyway, I thought I'd leave this picture of Emily. It has to be my favourite photograph of her.

I'd taken both Emily & Hannah on a 5 mile walk in their pushchair and both sparked out after the first mile. This is a picture of them both together...


Emily looks like she's strapped in like a Riverdance dancer, but she wriggles around so much that they fell down around her arms!

Here's Hannah's first attempt with a dodo...and the last for a while! She looks so weird with it!

We'll no doubt go somewhere this week. We'll start posting on where's good to go with two bambinoes.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Kids are fun like that. You can take them anywhere and they'd just have a nap. Actually, my father-in-law is like that too.

Anonymous said...

"Emily looks like she's strapped in like a Riverdance dance"

hehehe

Katman said...

ay@tes - I'm a bit like that myself! Any chance of a nap and I'll take it.

odd facts - i promise you it's not as bad as it looks! She tries to wriggle out of the harnesses, gets bored and falls asleep!

Unique Gowns said...

Congratulations on your Hannah's arrival :-) Both girls are soooo cute ! Best wishes Dana
p.s.
drop into my blog and make sure you enter in my Unique.Christening Gowns - Free personalised christening bib competition. It will be drawn on 8/8/08... Good luck Dana

Katman said...

Thanks very much Dana. Both are going to completely bankrupt daddy when they grow up!!!
p.s.
I love your blog so I'm always hopping back!

Unique Gowns said...

Well, we have three kids. 20,16 and 13. Two girls and a boy. Currently 16 yr is costing us a fortune... To give her a helping hand with maths methods( yr 11) we got some tutoring for her ....wait for it.... AUD66.00 for two hour session. Than we have her friends' debutante balls.... $75.00 for a dinner dance entry.... Enjoy while they are still this age.
I have been asked to make a christening suit for 0000 size. It will be an enjoyable job, like making baby born doll's outfit !
Good luck in the draw, I am glad you entered :-) Dana

Katman said...

Thanks Dana.
I have to admit, I'm more worried about how I'll be a good dad to them when they're that age than now.

I guess that'll come with experience!

It's lovely that you're making such a small size garnment..especially so that the baby (hopefully) is healthy.

Unique Gowns said...

I am sure you will do just fine ! Just take a look at your blog ! You beam with love and pride :-) everytime you talk about your girls.... Dana

i beati said...

bambinos and humidity still charming sandy

Katman said...

Dana - bless! I think all parents are like that...we are all proud of our kids. Thanks for saying that though.

i beati - Not too many hot days in England! Humidity over here is when you let the the kettle over-boil!!