Friday, May 02, 2008

Emily's Christening Photo's

As promised, here are Emily's Christening photo's. (Due credit to Cathie for being the 'official' & pretty damned pro photographer). First off, we'd like to thanks to Mina, the reverend at St Johns in Stanmore for all the support and advice she gave us. And to top dog Reverend Alison Christian, thanks so much for another excellent service. I know some of you may not be Christians, but believe me, these girls really made Emily's introdution to God such a loving and caring experience. The congregaton at St Johns are a wonderful lot as well. I say this because if you'd have been there when Emily was being dunked, you would understand it if I said that Emily exercised her full volume of lung capacity! Yep, she raise the roof!!


As you can see, she was as happy as larry before the service. She's used to getting dressed up on Sunday mornings so she wasn't too perturbed about the imminent soak!!

OK then, the God Parents, Denise & Tim are in church as well...there's something there that looks suspiciously like a bath....where's the yellow duck???

Yep, Emily had a holler, but with huggy and a dummy, she's quite at ease with the phantom dunker!!

Food time with parents & God parents. The food was great and the craic was, as ever fantastic.

We had two Lauras there as well; one from my side of the family, and one from Sharons. Sharon's Laura brought her beautiful son Matthew which was fantastic because he's such a joy. Both Laura's gave the day that youthful and loving feel.

Being serious (for once in my life!!) Thanks to Alison & Mina (the Reverends) for a wonderful service and baptism. Thank you also to Denise and Tim for being the God parents. Cathie, thanks very much for the beautiful memories you captured for us.

7 comments:

Unique Gowns said...

She is so cute ! Best wishes Dana

http"//uniquechristeninggowns.blogspot.com

Katman said...

Thanks very much for the nice comments Dana. Nice site you have by the way.
Dana I've noticed you've been angel and left some lovely words on a few sites. Unfortunately, you'r blog address doesn't resove. Anyone wanting to visit Dana's excellent site, however, should go to http://www.uniquechristeningowns.com.au/ until Dana leaves a corrected blog address.

Katman said...

Here's Dana's blog address:
http://uniquechristeninggowns.blogspot.com/

Unique Gowns said...

I am glad you are on top of things!Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am having a ball with blogging. I just love to look at pics of babies being baptised. I suppose this comes with my work. I have three children of my own, they aren't little anymore. My heart melts when I see a baby's smile !!! I melt into a paddle of chocolate... yum !
http://uniquechristeninggowns.blogspot.com/

Katman said...

lol...however...chocolate & babies, i've found, don't mix terribly well :-)

Nice line of work btw.
I've yet to find a shop in the UK that specializes in baptism clothes. You should think of branching out!

Unique Gowns said...

I love the idea of branching out... I am taking care of my overseas customers on regular bases. We chat through emails, I take pics of garments they order -email pics- receive final payment paypal- insurance with the postage- confirmation email upon receiving the gown etc. Works great ! Computers are a must nowdays, don't you agree ??? All the best Dana

Katman said...

Yep.I agree with you totally there. The world suddenly became a ver small place over the last ten of fifteen years! It's great - especially as technology is definitely moving us towards more exciting things.

Great to hear things are going well for you.