Tuesday, September 12, 2006



I went for a single seater ride at silverstone in October 2005. What a laugh! It was in a Formula First 80bhp car/kart(!) but it was so funny. If you have a spare £150 you can go tearing round a circuit at the beautiful stowe part of the track for 33 laps. I managed not to spin & came a respectable 3rd out of 12 - not bad considering I started at the back of a pack of 12. Everyone went out to enjoythemselves - the ones who spun off were definitely the fastest (I was 6th overall fastest) and I dont think anyone really cared too much of the results. The briefing was great before you went on track. Then you went a few laps behind a pac car before putting your foot down for some very enjoyable (sometimes hilarious as you took corners sidewards!) fun. it's safe as well - your to speed is about 56mph -and theres lots of run off areas. The marshalls really do look after you. Go on - give it a try. Its called the Silverstone experience.

2 comments:

patricia said...

hey that looks like me
I suppose we will be seeind Dad in his Audi with the cops in persuit

Katman said...

cant wait to see dad in his man united top!!! you have to try this single seater driving - it really is good fun. You have 4 manual gears that gives it so much more value added especially dropping one or two around corners!!